Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has official announced that “The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition” will be available on Blu-ray on September 24. Here’s the full press release followed by the artwork:
Christopher Nolan’s reimagining of the Batman franchise beginning with 2005’s Batman Begins enjoyed phenomenal critical and box-office success.
Now on September 24, Nolan’s three Batman films – Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises – will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition. The six-disc set will feature all three films with their existing extra content, two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. This must-own collection for fans of DC Comics’ Caped Crusader is available in premium packaging and will sell for $99.97 SRP.
About the Ultimate Collector’s Edition (UCE):
*Disc 1 – Batman Begins Feature and Special Features
*Disc 2 – The Dark Knight Feature
*Disc 3 – The Dark Knight Special Features
*Disc 4 – The Dark Knight Rises Feature
*Disc 5 – The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
*Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details follow)
NEW Special Features:
· The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making….forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
· Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
· IMAX® Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises - See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX© aspect ratio
Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:
· Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
· Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra’s al Ghul
· 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
FOR GOD’S SAKE.
SO Guess who was invited to the press premiere for Snyder’s (and Nolan’s great collaboration) Man of Steel! Oh yeah baby!!
I signed a confidentiality act that I can’t write anything about the film until it’s world wide release.
But I’ll just say: NO DOUBT Henry is a great grand super amazing humble unique perfect Super Man!
And he’s hot as hell.
And I really can’t say more or I’ll get arrested or something. But the film does not disappoint!
I love you with all your complexity, all you perfection, all your imperfection.
Speak of the Devil and he shall appear.
On the set of The Dark Knight
Alfred. Gordon. Lucius. Bruce … Wayne. Names that have come to mean so much to me. Today, I’m three weeks from saying a final good-bye to these characters and their world. It’s my son’s ninth birthday. He was born as the Tumbler was being glued together in my garage from random parts of model…
The guy who killed 12 people at The Dark Knight Rises screening, used Nolan’s Joker as his motivation to kill and go crazy.
Now trust me, I have experienced first hand the effects that Heath Ledger’s interpretation can have on a person, and it has motivated as well, but to continue persuing my dreams, my love for acting, not bullshitting and ruining people’s lives.
It troubles me how a seemingly normal person with a good comfortable life can do such a thing but the fact that he used something so dear to me and others and canalized it in the worst way possible just sickens me. I’ve felt disgusted and uneasy since it all happened.
What I hate the most is knowing that Nolan must be devastated, something he’s been working on for years, it’s his art, if you’re a passionate artist you know how much of yourself go into these things, and the least you want to do when looking back at it is remembering something negative.
Well idiotic moronic kid with a cool last name but I hope you fucking rot in hell, not only will Nolan remember it with disdain and a hole in his heart but so will all the other participants in the film and most importantly the poor poor families who were affected.
This was supposed to be sad because it was a goodbye to Nolan’s Batman for fucks sake, harmless sad.
I wish I could tell Mr.Nolan that idiotkid was just a bad egg, that he’s inspired so many people in such a positive way…*sigh*
And to all those idiot news reporters and parents who are now saying ”Oooh violence provoked this, it’s Nolan’s fault”, just…no. Ok…NO! It’s like saying ”food is the reason why everyone’s fat” ”Teli is the reason why everyone’s stupid”, nope not really.